MD: (301) 933-4648
VA: (703) 532-2700

Choose Language:


Click and Link Us:















The Law Offices of Kirk Rankin & Associates is devoted to the practice of immigration law. We have helped hundreds of clients obtain legal permanent resident status, citizenship, work visas, and more.

2012 Immigration Policy on Deferred Action. The 2012 policy, based on but not synonymous with the DREAM Act, allows certain individuals who arrived in the US before the age of 16 and are no more than the age of 30 relief from deportation or removal. Read more »»

Permanent Residency. Permanent residency is a visa status given to individuals who may reside indefinitely within the United States without a citizenship. There are a number of ways Permanent Residency status can be obtained in the United States. A permanent resident will receive a United States Permanent Resident Card ("green card") allowing you to live and work permanently in the United States. You may be eligible to obtain your green card in the following methods:

  • through employment
  • through family
  • through NACARA
  • if you qualify as a "battered spouse"

If you are already a permanent resident or United States citizen, you can be a sponsor for green cards for other individuals such as family (spouse, children, parents) or fiance.

In addition, we can also assist you in the replacement process of your lost or expired green card.

Citizenship. You can obtain your citizenship in the United States based on your residency in the United States and/or your parent's citizenship. If you are concerned about past criminal matters that may obstruct your eligibility for citizenship, our attorneys can review your records for a minimal fee. A review of your past records will allow our attorneys to evaluate the best options that are available to you prior to applying for citizenship.

Work Permits. Work permits are official documents allowing a foreign national permission for employment in the country. Call our office to discuss if you are eligible to obtain a work permit. You may obtain a work permit through:

  • TPS
  • Asylum
  • pending applications

Visas. You or someone you know maybe eligible for the following visas:

  • Visitor Visas
  • Work Visas
  • Student Visas
  • Fiance Visas

Court. Many people who are sent to Immigration Court are eligible for some benefits. We have helped many people get their residency application approved in Court. This can be a complicated and lengthy process, so please consult an attorney.

Call or email us today with your questions. We look forward to discussing any of the immigration processes with you. We speak Spanish and Vietnamese at our office. To request free consultation or additional information about Kirk Rankin & Associates and our practice areas, you can call us at

MD: (301) 933-4648
VA: (703) 532-2700

or email us at .

»» Para español, haga clic aquí.

Legal Practice Areas

If you are unable to pay your bills, bankruptcy can provide immediate relief from your creditors and allow you time to reorganize your finances...

Kirk Rankin & Associates has helped hundreds obtain green cards, citizenship, work visas, and more. We also handle deportation cases...

Personal injuries not only cause physical pain, but often emotional and financial hardships. Get compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and more...

Laws against traffic violations and crime vary from state to state. Make sure you get solid defense and proper representation with the attorneys at Kirk Rankin & Associates...

Office Locations

11501 Georgia Avenue, Suite 210
Silver Spring, MD 20902
T: (301) 933-4648
F: (301) 962-8851

Google Maps | MapQuest

6231 Leesburg Pike, Suite 106
Falls Church, VA 22044
T: (703) 532-2700
F: (703) 532-2422

Google Maps | MapQuest


Home | Bankruptcy | Immigration | Personal Injury | Traffic/Criminal Defense | Contact Us | Site Map | Español
© 2012 Kirk Rankin & Associates. All Rights Reserved.
Design by .